Air Management System
The protective shoulder pad cushion is made of open cell foam
with microscopic air chambers. The outside fabric is sealed to
the foam trapping the air inside the cushion. When impact occurs
on the shoulder pad arch the load is spread. The impact causes
the arch to engage the cushion, which forces the air within the
cushion to move throughout the foam chambers dissipating the
pressure. The impact energy is dispersed over a larger area
reducing the amount of force impacting the body.
Air Maxx TPU cushioning that is used in our best performing helmets
is featured in our new Air Maxx Flex 2.0 Shoulder Pad Series. TPU
cushioning is positioned over the shoulders providing enhanced
impact absorption. Air Maxx TPU is durable and will not break down
– even after thousands of impacts.
Energy Lock Technology Powered by D3O®
Energy Lock Technology powered by D3O® is a lightweight, soft,
and flexible material featuring unique molecular properties. In
standard conditions its molecules flow freely, but on impact,
they lock together to absorb impact energy and reduce the force
transmitted. The material is rate sensitive, so the harder the impact,
the greater the resistance to the force. Our D3O® foam is strategically
positioned over the shoulder for optimal impact absorption.
Clavicle Channel System
System absorbs impact specifically around the AC joint and
provides maximum shoulder protection. The hook and loop pad
attachments can be re-positioned or removed to ensure a precise fit
and complete coverage in the key hitting areas.
- High performance arch designs minimize weight without sacrificing
hitting zone protection. These new arches are engineered for maximum
range of motion and mobility.
- Streamlined and balanced arch designs keep arches and cushions in
proper hitting position with less “upward” movement of shoulder pads.
- Newly designed, positioned and sized epaulets and caps (low profile)
eliminate“grab” points and create better overall performance.
- Position specific arches include QB/WR, Skill for RB/DB, All Purpose for
FB/LB/TE and OL/DL with Non-Epaulet design.
- Raised corrugations for additional strength and increased air flow.
Other Design Features
- Flat Pad Design is low profile for improved mobility.
- BIOTHANE™ belts create a snug and secure fit while securing
the shape of the arch to maximize range of motion.
- Pre-drilled for Accessory attachment.
- Removable deltoid and scapular pads for customized fit.
- Stainless Steel hardware.
- Removable body for easy hand washing of cushions.
| Schutt Store
Web design and development by Spindustry Interactive™